Monday, May 4, 2009

Andy and me

I was at grown up party on a veranda dancing with a 2 year old.  A little girl came on the veranda and noticed me dancing.  

I left for a while to tour the home, and when I returned the little girl homed in on me..you know how it is with little kids sometimes?  They look at you then narrow their eyes a little and march bent at the waist just slightly forward...like little adorable sharks.   This one..had obviously mistaken me for another child.  Now...I'm 5'6" tall, and certainly do not look like a child..I'm not sure how this happened.

"What's your name?"
"Corvi.  What's yours?"
"Andy.  How old are you?"
"41, how old are you?"
"3"
"Well, that's a little difference in age" (I think I was trying to say...hey..kid...I'm a grown up!!!)
"Well, I'll be 4 de 1 soon."

I smiled...and laughed...and...she pulled out the big guns...a leaf!!!  "I'll tickle you!!!"  She said!

So I ran!!!! fasT Fast!!!  But I could not outrun the tickle monster.   Must have been the high heels.  We ran around that party for an hour...

That was fun.

2 comments:

Gaya said...

Read this sweet entry the other day ... wanted to comment ... and also ended up thinking about writing my blog again. Thanks for [hm ... what would be the right phrase here?] ... thanks Corvi ^^

Corvi, Corey, Crow, Maggie and Raven said...

Oh, Gaya..I am so glad. I look forward to reading it.